Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ed Ed is offline

Default How do I specifiy the format of a series of numbers in a colmn?

I have a series of numbers in a column, resulting from horizontal
multiplications, and they vary in format: xxx.xx, xxxx.x, xxx, etc. How do I
make the entire column show only integers (xxx), no cents? I can find nothing
to format the numbers.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you are using a formula to perform the calculation, you can add a
formatting switch to the field.

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ed" wrote in message
I have a series of numbers in a column, resulting from horizontal
multiplications, and they vary in format: xxx.xx, xxxx.x, xxx, etc. How do
make the entire column show only integers (xxx), no cents? I can find
nothing
to format the numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ed Ed is offline

Isn't there a way i can highlight the resulting column, and format all the
numbers in that column to be just integers, rather than dollars and cents,
and not have to go through each formula and add the "switch" to each one? I
recall that even in Lotus (certainly not the best word processor) and others
I've used I could just format the entire batch of numbers with one formatting
selection.

Thank you.

"Ed" wrote in message
I have a series of numbers in a column, resulting from horizontal
multiplications, and they vary in format: xxx.xx, xxxx.x, xxx, etc. How do
make the entire column show only integers (xxx), no cents? I can find
nothing
to format the numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Unfortunately, there is no way to specify a numeric format for table
cells in Word. Fields are your only choice. Therefore, it might be
easier to embed an Excel spreadsheet rather than performing
calculations within Word tables. On the other hand, since you *are*
calculating in Word, you are already using fields to which you could
add formatting switches.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you are using a formula to perform the calculation, you can add

formatting switch to the field.

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham

Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my