Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
KingsKid43 KingsKid43 is offline

Default Table over flow to multiple pages

I have MS off Prof 2003. I built a two column page and inserted a 106 row x
3 column table. I filled that up with data and tried to overflow to page
two. Did not happen. I tried to insert a new table but that did not work
either. I place the curser on the last cell and click tab or enter but that
just expands a cell on the 2nd page towards the bottom. I must be missing
something. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi KingsKid43,

If you select cell C106 and press Tab, you should get a new row added to
your table. Pressing Tab anywhere else in the table simply moves the
cursor to the next cell. Pressing Enter in any cell simply adds paragraphs
to that cell, expanding it vertically (unless you have the row height set to
'Exact' - in which case anything below the inserted paragraph mark is liable
to disappear).

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"KingsKid43" wrote in message
I have MS off Prof 2003. I built a two column page and inserted a 106 row

3 column table. I filled that up with data and tried to overflow to page
two. Did not happen. I tried to insert a new table but that did not work
either. I place the curser on the last cell and click tab or enter but

that
just expands a cell on the 2nd page towards the bottom. I must be missing
something. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Another thing to consider: Make sure that "Text wrapping" is set to
"None," on the Table tab of Table | Table Properties.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"KingsKid43" wrote in message
I have MS off Prof 2003. I built a two column page and inserted a

106 row x
3 column table. I filled that up with data and tried to overflow to

page
two. Did not happen. I tried to insert a new table but that did

not work
either. I place the curser on the last cell and click tab or enter

but that
just expands a cell on the 2nd page towards the bottom. I must be

missing
something. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
KingsKid43 KingsKid43 is offline

Thank you Macropod, Stefan, I did both things and it worked. NOW will I have
to do this for all 8 pages (about 800 lines in table) or is there some way of
expanding the table to 800 rows by 3 colums. I have not tried to make a
table that big before. Should I have started with a table that big?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Another thing to consider: Make sure that "Text wrapping" is set to
"None," on the Table tab of Table | Table Properties.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"KingsKid43" wrote in message
I have MS off Prof 2003. I built a two column page and inserted a

106 row x
3 column table. I filled that up with data and tried to overflow to

page
two. Did not happen. I tried to insert a new table but that did

not work
either. I place the curser on the last cell and click tab or enter

but that
just expands a cell on the 2nd page towards the bottom. I must be

missing
something. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
KingsKid43 KingsKid43 is offline

Wow. I answered my own question. I tried to make a table with 800 rows and
it actually worked! Now all I have to do is type like crazy for the next
week
Thank you all!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Another thing to consider: Make sure that "Text wrapping" is set to
"None," on the Table tab of Table | Table Properties.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"KingsKid43" wrote in message
I have MS off Prof 2003. I built a two column page and inserted a

106 row x
3 column table. I filled that up with data and tried to overflow to

page
two. Did not happen. I tried to insert a new table but that did

not work
either. I place the curser on the last cell and click tab or enter

but that
just expands a cell on the 2nd page towards the bottom. I must be

missing
something. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Glad you got it sorted, and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP