Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gina Gina is offline

Default column width-resizing not working

I need to make a very narrow column, but WORD (2002) will not allow me to
make it as small as I need it to be. I used to be able to do this in
previous versions of WORD, but I can't figure out why I cannot do it now.
I've tried everything; including using the ruler, setting my column width to
zero, using the ALT key while dragging, unchecking and checking all the
options having to do with a column. Nothing works. HELP! (please)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Gina,

Using Table|Table Properties|Column, you can format a column's width down to
0.001cm, which Word effectively interprets as 0. Even this leaves some space
for the cell borders, however. If you're table has anything greater than 0
set as the left & right cell margins for that column (look under Table|Table
Properties|Cell|Options), this will increase the minimum achievable column
width.

Cheers

--
macropod