Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Wabiloo Wabiloo is offline

Default Problem with includepicture - same picture repeated everywhere

Hi!

I'm trying to merge a catalog of items with pictures. The items and
full paths to the corresponding pictures are stored in an XSL sheet
(with double backslashes in the paths). The images are all different.

When I do my mail merge to a new document, all the items are correct
(string fields), but they show the same image everywhere. Doing a
select all and refresh fields (Ctrl+A, F9) doesn't solve the problem,
neither does printing the document: still the same image everywhere,
the one from the first record.
If I toggle the field codes though, the INSERTPICTURE fields show the
right path to the right image... here is what it looks like when
toggled:

Image for: NR_Bamburgh_8Bullets_Item
{INCLUDEPICTURE I:\\MediaArchive\\Preview
Jpegs\\NR_Bamburgh_8Bullets_Item.jpg}
Image for: NR_Bamburgh_HeadlineAndText2_Item
{INCLUDEPICTURE I:\\MediaArchive\\Preview
Jpegs\\NR_Bamburgh_HeadlineAndText2_Item.jpg}
Image for: NR_Bamburgh_HeadlineAndText_Item
{INCLUDEPICTURE I:\\MediaArchive\\Preview
Jpegs\\NR_Bamburgh_HeadlineAndText_Item.jpg}
Image for: NR_Bamburgh_ImageAndText2_Item
{INCLUDEPICTURE I:\\MediaArchive\\Preview
Jpegs\\NR_Bamburgh_ImageAndText2_Item.jpg}

I really don't get this, I've looked everywhere for a solution but
nothing works, always the same image everywhere.
I've tried with Word 2007 and Word 2003 SP2, to no avail...

Please help...