Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sarahLEW sarahLEW is offline

Default How do I keep the "show/hide" from coming on?

Every time I go to type in one of the tables I've created, the "show/hide"
comes on, adds a second page and takes me to page 2 when I need to type on
page one. Needless to say, all the little marks it includes are very annoying
as well. The "show/hide" comes on all by itself. I don't press/click any
special keys or anything. How do I get this to stop! It is very time
consuming and annoying.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are you using *any* keyboard shortcut in tables? It is possible that
one of those has been reassigned to the ShowAll command (which
displays all nonprinting characters).

To find out, first display the Customize Keyboard dialog box: On the
Tools menu, click
Customize, and then click Keyboard.

Then, in the "Categories" box, choose "All Commands." In the
"Commands" box, locate ShowAll. The "Current keys" box displays the
currently assigned shortcuts. You can delete undesired shortcuts by
selecting them and then clicking the Remove button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"sarahLEW" wrote in message
Every time I go to type in one of the tables I've created, the

"show/hide"
comes on, adds a second page and takes me to page 2 when I need to

type on
page one. Needless to say, all the little marks it includes are very

annoying
as well. The "show/hide" comes on all by itself. I don't

press/click any
special keys or anything. How do I get this to stop! It is very time
consuming and annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sarahLEW sarahLEW is offline

The show/hide comes on whenever I press ANY key on the keyboard whenever I
start typing in a new box on the table, so I dont think it was the commands,
but I tried your suggestion anyway, and it did not work. Thanks anyway.