Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nanner Nanner is offline

Default Why won't tab key do outline tabs correctly?

While doing a Form Letter for a class my tabs while using the outline format
weren't working right. Example: Using the Number outline, first number and
writing okay, but to get the sub text bullet a) my outline stays at 2) with
two tabs where it should advance the 2) to an a). Also when returning to the
number two while pressing shift+tab it just tabs another space.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Depending on version:

1. Word 2002 or 2003: Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type:
"Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces."

2. Word 2000 and earlier: Tools | Options | Edit: "Tabs and backspace set
left indent."