Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] GastonFranzini@gmail.com is offline

Default Problem with \@

Hi,
I have a problem, the mail merge field is not formating as I'm
expecting.
Not all the column have dates, but I want the fields with dates to show
as dd/MM/yy not number.
Any help is valuable.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

We had this discussion last month - the issue is still the same. Go back and
read your previous thread.

wrote:
Hi,
I have a problem, the mail merge field is not formating as I'm
expecting.
Not all the column have dates, but I want the fields with dates to
show as dd/MM/yy not number.
Any help is valuable.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] GastonFranzini@gmail.com is offline

I have already and all the rest is working fine.
The problem now is that I don`t have just dates in the source column.
In the columns that I have only dates it works fine.
I have discovered that If I change the regional settings the formating
stops working.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are making things very difficult for yourself by mixing data types in
the same field. It would make sense to add another column to separate out
the numbers from the dates, which is much easier to do in Excel than Word.
You can then use a conditional field check on that column to establish
whether it contains a number or zero then insert this new field or the date
field accordingly.