Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom Tom is offline

Default adding pop-up help text

I would like to create a template with little help buttons the user can
click to see instructions about how to fill out various areas of the
document.

For example, if you're filling out the "Initial Requirements Section,"
I would like there to be a little Help button or link in that area
that, when clicked, either makes a pop-up window appear with
instructions for that section, or else unhides some hidden
instructional text on the page.

I once saw a template that did this, but can no longer find it. Can
anyone help? Thanks,

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

One of Graham Mayor's pages has something along these lines:

http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

Peter Jamieson

"Tom" wrote in message
ups.com...
I would like to create a template with little help buttons the user can
click to see instructions about how to fill out various areas of the
document.

For example, if you're filling out the "Initial Requirements Section,"
I would like there to be a little Help button or link in that area
that, when clicked, either makes a pop-up window appear with
instructions for that section, or else unhides some hidden
instructional text on the page.

I once saw a template that did this, but can no longer find it. Can
anyone help? Thanks,

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom Tom is offline

Thanks Peter. But I'm not sure the link points me to exactly what I'm
looking for. Graham's page explains how to use macros to insert
information into a document. I just want the macro to show some
specific hidden text.

For example, the template I envision might look like this:
1.1 Initial User Requirements
-- Help
[hidden text: List all the requirements users need to begin the
project. Think about the users needs with the business costs....]

The text in brackets is hidden initially, but when the user clicks the
Help link, the text appears. When the user clicks the help link again,
the text disappears.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Tom,

You might find something that you can use at one of these two links:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/document_u...structions.htm
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Toggle_Data_Display.htm

Tom wrote:
Thanks Peter. But I'm not sure the link points me to exactly what I'm
looking for. Graham's page explains how to use macros to insert
information into a document. I just want the macro to show some
specific hidden text.

For example, the template I envision might look like this:
1.1 Initial User Requirements
-- Help
[hidden text: List all the requirements users need to begin the
project. Think about the users needs with the business costs....]

The text in brackets is hidden initially, but when the user clicks the
Help link, the text appears. When the user clicks the help link again,
the text disappears.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom Tom is offline

Greg,
Thanks for the links. That looks just like the functionality I'm
looking for. I'll let you know if I have any questions. Thanks again.

Tom