Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
San Diego San Diego is offline

Default How do I get Outlook Contacts to a label mail merge?

In the Mail Merge wizard (for labels) when I get to 'select recipients', I
choose 'Select from Outlook contacts'. This will only bring up a deleted
Contact file. Any ideas, how to get to current Contct file?
Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It's generally more flexible to start your merge from Outlook by selecting
the contacts you need, then using Tools|Mail Merge... But be warned, the
names of the fields used are different from the ones Outlook uses when you
make the connection from Word.

I don't know hat has gone wrong with the method you are trying but I think I
would try to locate the "deleted Contact file", rename or delete it, then
try again. You /should/ see a dialog box asking which address book/contacts
folder you want to use, but a lot of people report problems in this area.

Peter Jamieson