Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LindseySwan LindseySwan is offline

Default Mail merge text defaults to 36pt underline. How do I remove?

I am using a word document to create an invoice form. Each time I open the
document, the mail merge text (number 20001 in series) defaults to about 36pt
size font and underlined. There is no large font or underline on the excel
document so I dont believe it's transfering over.

Can you help??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Selecting the mergefield in the mail merge main documnet and formatting its
font to the desired size should fix it, but if not, use Alt+F9 to display
the field codes and replace the \* mergeformat switch if it is there with \*
charformat, adding the latter if the \* mergeformat is not there and then
format the M of MERGEFIELD with the desired font and size/

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP