Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Patrick is offline

Default Importing Works Database into Word Address Book

I have a large address book in a Works Database (.wdb). I have been unable
to import it into a Word address book (Office 2002). I sure hate to retype
all those addresses again. Does anyone know of a good way to go about this?
--
Patrick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is no direct import for Works database format into Office
applications, however Works will allow the export of its database in a
variety of formats- see what is available under the File Save As options
in Works. Ideally you want a comma delimited file or a table. Outlook can
import either.

Patrick wrote:
I have a large address book in a Works Database (.wdb). I have been
unable to import it into a Word address book (Office 2002). I sure
hate to retype all those addresses again. Does anyone know of a good
way to go about this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Patrick is offline

I can export as .csv or .txt
Will either of these work?
Also, I would like to import into a .mdb database, not Outlook, because I
only have Outlook Express.
Actually, I am happy with Works in printing my labels for Xmas cards, but
since this is the only thing I use Works for, I was hoping to be able to
eliminate the Works program and do everything in Word.
--
Patrick

Patrick wrote:
I have a large address book in a Works Database (.wdb). I have been
unable to import it into a Word address book (Office 2002). I sure
hate to retype all those addresses again. Does anyone know of a good
way to go about this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

CSV will work with Word - see
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm
Save as a Word table rather than as an mdb file.

Patrick wrote:
I have a large address book in a Works Database (.wdb). I have been
unable to import it into a Word address book (Office 2002). I sure
hate to retype all those addresses again. Does anyone know of a
good way to go about this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

?B?UGF0cmljaw==?= wrote in
:

I have a large address book in a Works Database (.wdb). I have been
unable to import it into a Word address book (Office 2002). I sure
hate to retype all those addresses again. Does anyone know of a good
way to go about this?

Most database software's (not sure about Word's Tables) accept Dbase IV
format.
Access opens DbaseIV intstantly.

I have an older version of Works (6.0) and it offers DbaseIV.

CSV is a comma delimted file and will work, however requires some care in
examining the the file and first few lines for completeness and inclusion
of all FIELDS.