Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Max Scott Max Scott is offline

Default Mail merge, user defined fields

Hi - I'm trying to create some address labels. I have my data in outlook
2002. I need to include a user defined field but can't get the field to
appear on any selection list when creating my mail merge document. How do I
get to use the data in my user defined field?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Select the relevant contact folder in Outlook and use Outlook Tools|Mail
merge... to initiate the merge.

NB, Word uses a different method to get the data when you initiate the merge
via the Word Mailmerge Wizard - it does not get as many of the available
fields, and the field names can differ, so you may need to modify or
re-insert merge fields if you have already set up your mailmerge main
document.

Peter Jamieson