Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dannyl Dannyl is offline

Default Mail Merge insert merge fields

Hi, Ive had some problems with mail merge in word 2000. Fist I didn't have
any mail merge setting under tools, I've solved that problem, now when I do a
mail merge to make labels with a works 8 database I've ran into another
problem, this used to work before. I click on mail merge under tools, mail
merge helper comes up, I click on createmailing labelsactive windowget
data ( works 8 database file)open data source header record delimiter comes
up, in the preview window everything looks unreadable
(IIIIIIIII"""::;hhjgaaa^^^^)sample, I click OK anywaysetup main document
label option OKcreate labels windowsInsert merge field, I click on it,
only one insert field unreadable same as above sample, there are no First
name, Last name or street address fields, merge is grayed out can't finish
merge. I can't figure out whats wrong. If someone ran in this before and
solved this please let me know, I thank you for your time and patience

DannyL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word has no ability to use data from a Works database without the assistance
of the dreadful Works add-in for Word that comes with the Works Suite. The
simplest solution is to save the database in CSV format then convert that to
a Word Table which you can use as a datasource. See
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm for some of the
steps.