Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
wrxdva wrxdva is offline

Default why does "select table" come up when I am selecting recipients?

I have selected my recipient list in mail merge, but then it comes up with
another box saying select table, but there's nothing to select. It doesn't
normally do this
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Word? What is the data source?

This is probably what is happening:
a. Word tries to connect using OLEDB, but fails for some reason
b. it then tries to connect using ODBC. But when Word displays the ODBC
dialog box, it doesn't display any tables. You have to click the Options
button and select all the options in there to see them.

Peter Jamieson