Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ida ida is offline

Default how do i add a new spelling controle?

I have just got a new language for my spelling controle and I put it in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof but it's still not
working. is there anything I can do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default how do I add a new spelling control?

From your brief description of the issue I am not surprised it doesn't work.
Word is supplied with two or three language dictionaries according to
region. They are installed by re-running Office setup via Control Panel
add or remove programs.

If you want additional languages, you need the proofing software add-on -
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...fingtools.mspx

What you may have done is added a personal spelling dictionary (a text file)
which you can add through Word Tools Options Spelling & Grammar.

The only other choice would be a third party dictionary for which you will
have to refer to the supplier's installation instructions.

Ida wrote:
I have just got a new language for my spelling controle and I put it
in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof but it's
still not working. is there anything I can do?

'Tools-Language-Set Language-Do not check spelling or grammar' does not work on the entire document john gibb Formatting Long Documents 10 May 16th 23 02:52 PM
How to edit a wrong spelling suggestion if right-clicking a word? Gail Devoid Microsoft Word Help 13 November 16th 06 11:38 PM
Incorrect spelling correction Zorcon Microsoft Word Help 1 February 11th 06 08:52 PM
UK spelling John Wright New Users 4 June 21st 05 04:09 PM
Why does spellcheck recognise a spelling mistake in one document . FatChook Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 05 05:16 AM