Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Amy Edelen Amy Edelen is offline

Default Merge Problem

I have set up a merge project. Some of the cells in Excel contained too much
information and were truncated when I performed the merge in Word. I changed
my conversion setting in Word to "confirm conversions at open box." This
fixed the truncation problem, but created a new problem. My merge contains
612 separate related interest forms. At a certain point in the document, the
forms are pulling related interests for one person into all of the forms
below that person. Does anyone have any idea why? I did not have this
problem before I changed my conversion preferences.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QW15IEVkZWxlbg==?=,

I have set up a merge project. Some of the cells in Excel contained too much
information and were truncated when I performed the merge in Word. I changed
my conversion setting in Word to "confirm conversions at open box." This
fixed the truncation problem, but created a new problem. My merge contains
612 separate related interest forms. At a certain point in the document, the
forms are pulling related interests for one person into all of the forms
below that person. Does anyone have any idea why? I did not have this
problem before I changed my conversion preferences.

Often, this indicates that either the mail merge document or the Excel data
source file is damaged. Which version of Office are we dealing with, here?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Amy Edelen Amy Edelen is offline

It is XP.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?QW15IEVkZWxlbg==?=,

I have set up a merge project. Some of the cells in Excel contained too much
information and were truncated when I performed the merge in Word. I changed
my conversion setting in Word to "confirm conversions at open box." This
fixed the truncation problem, but created a new problem. My merge contains
612 separate related interest forms. At a certain point in the document, the
forms are pulling related interests for one person into all of the forms
below that person. Does anyone have any idea why? I did not have this
problem before I changed my conversion preferences.

Often, this indicates that either the mail merge document or the Excel data
source file is damaged. Which version of Office are we dealing with, here?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Amy Edelen Amy Edelen is offline

Cindy:

Your comment about a damaged file got me thinking. I knew that it was not
the merge document because I created a new one and was having the same
problem, so if a file was damaged, it would be the Excel file. I copied the
entire Excel data source file and pasted it into a new document. This
corrected the problem. Thanks for your help!

"Amy Edelen" wrote:

It is XP.

Hi ?B?QW15IEVkZWxlbg==?=,