Diane

Default How save Word file in PDF format?

How do I save Word document in PDF format. I want to
email the document to companies that may not have Word
installed. Thank you.
Graham Mayor

You need either the full version of Acrobat or one of its cheaper clones
(some suggestions linked from the favourites page of my web site). Word has
no native facility to write PDF files.

Diane wrote:
How do I save Word document in PDF format. I want to
email the document to companies that may not have Word
installed. Thank you.

Pat Garard

G'Day Diane,

You have two options:

1. Buy a Word to PDF converter (usually a form of
virtual Printer) - search Google for "word to pdf"
and you will find quite a few. I have used both
'Visage eXPert PDF v3' and 'ScanSoft PDF Create'
with good results.

2. Download Open Office (free) from
http://www.openoffice.org/.
Open Office comprises the core of Sun Star Office,
but without support. The component 'Writer' has a
significant degree of compatibility with Word. It
will open many '.doc' files and will 'Save' to PDF format.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Diane" wrote in message
How do I save Word document in PDF format. I want to
email the document to companies that may not have Word
installed. Thank you.

Mike Kaufman

Pat is right Diane. I have had success with PDF Creator. It is a free
software that can be downloaded to your computer. It acts as a PDF Printer.
Instead of printing your Word document to a printer, it will print them to
your screen as a PDF document that you can save.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=89008

download the "PDFCreator-0_8_1_AFPLGhostscript.exe" under "PDFCreator 0.8.1
RC4" for the latest version.