Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gavin Philpott Gavin Philpott is offline

Default Problem with date format

I have an excel sheet that contains (amongst other data) a date of birth
formatted in UK style dd/mm/yyyy.

On merging into word the date appears as US format (i.e. mm/dd/yyyy)

I have checked that the regional settings in Windows, Word and Excel are set
to UK not US.

Any help gratefully apreciated.

Gavin.

Oh yes, I'm using Word/Excel 2002 on XP Home SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gavin Philpott Gavin Philpott is offline

Now sorted...

I had worked out that using the field codes I could change the date format
using the switch \@"dd/MM/yyy", but it had not been working. Realised I had
typed it as /@...

Schoolboy error!

Gavin.

"Gavin Philpott" wrote in message
I have an excel sheet that contains (amongst other data) a date of birth
formatted in UK style dd/mm/yyyy.

On merging into word the date appears as US format (i.e. mm/dd/yyyy)

I have checked that the regional settings in Windows, Word and Excel are
set to UK not US.

Any help gratefully apreciated.

Gavin.

Oh yes, I'm using Word/Excel 2002 on XP Home SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marco Marco is offline

Hi. I'm experience this problem. I have in excel this date: 17-01-2006 but
then after the mail merge it appears has 01/17/2006.

I tried to format, I change to toogle and format as you told me, I get this
filead:
{Mergefield Data \@ "dd/mm/yyyy" } and this result: 17/00/2006

Why the months apears as zeros?

I even tried to change in Regional Setting the short date to dd/mm/aa but
nothing.

The best that I could get was making a trick. After all register in Excel, I
insert another register and I put some text into the date column.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Marco