Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stano Paška Stano Paška is offline

Default Text in table left, Normal justified

Hi,

I am making template in MS Word 2003.
I need Normal style justified and text in tables (Table Grid and Table Grid
1) aligned to left.

It is possible?

Until now I made it:
Normal, left aligned
Normal Text, based on Normal, justified
in Heading 1, 2, ... style for following paragraph is Normal Text

But when I insert Table Grid 1, I must manually select whole table and apply
Normal style (or remove formatting).

Is there a better way?

Thanks.

Stano Paška.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stano Paška Stano Paška is offline

But when I insert new table, it is applied into current style (Body Text).
And it is justified.
And it is confusing/annoying for user to select whole table and clear
formatting (or setting Normal style).

It is some way to define in Table Grid other style of cell content than
current style while creating table?

Stano.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Don't mess with Normal style. Instead, modify the Body Text style and use
that in the body of the document.

so
all may benefit.

"Stano Paška" wrote in message
Hi,

I am making template in MS Word 2003.
I need Normal style justified and text in tables (Table Grid and Table

Grid
1) aligned to left.

It is possible?

Until now I made it:
Normal, left aligned
Normal Text, based on Normal, justified
in Heading 1, 2, ... style for following paragraph is Normal Text

But when I insert Table Grid 1, I must manually select whole table and

apply
Normal style (or remove formatting).

Is there a better way?

Thanks.

Stano Paška.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I usually define specific styles for use in tables (Table Heading, Table
Text) and apply them as required.

"Stano Paška" wrote in message
But when I insert new table, it is applied into current style (Body Text).
And it is justified.
And it is confusing/annoying for user to select whole table and clear
formatting (or setting Normal style).

It is some way to define in Table Grid other style of cell content than
current style while creating table?

Stano.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Don't mess with Normal style. Instead, modify the Body Text style and

use
that in the body of the document.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Stano Paška" wrote in message
Hi,

I am making template in MS Word 2003.
I need Normal style justified and text in tables (Table Grid and Table

Grid
1) aligned to left.

It is possible?

Until now I made it:
Normal, left aligned
Normal Text, based on Normal, justified
in Heading 1, 2, ... style for following paragraph is Normal Text

But when I insert Table Grid 1, I must manually select whole table and

apply
Normal style (or remove formatting).

Is there a better way?

Thanks.

Stano Paška.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

A table style allows you to specify font formatting, but it may not
work correctly if the Normal style has been modified (this is a bug).

What you can do is format an example table the way you want it, with
the desired styles applied to cells, and create an AutoText entry from
it. Then, whenever you need this particular table formatting, just
insert the AutoText.

For more on AutoText see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Table Normal Style Linda Tables 8 April 10th 08 08:20 PM
error messages when using table formula after moving column tot's hunguponword Tables 3 November 26th 06 03:27 AM
manipulating/cutting/pasting text out of a text box [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 10 July 9th 06 10:54 PM
Body Text vs Normal Adrian Formatting Long Documents 13 March 9th 06 05:01 AM
Table Format Style vs. Table Text Style WebColin Page Layout 11 December 1st 05 11:29 PM