Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pump Market Pump Market is offline

Default Directory Merging

I am merging from Excel to a Word directory. My database contains several
repetitive headings that I would like not to list after it has been listed
once. (ie. Toyota 4-Runner; Toyota Camry; Toyota Tacoma) They are in
separate fields in my Excel file. I've had to deal w/this for years going
back in and deleting all of the repetition. Is there an "If/Then" statement
that will move on to the next field if it includes the same data as the
previous record?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Word merge isn't designed to do this "one-to-many" type of merge. If
possible, use something that is, such as Access reports (it's fairly easy to
import simple Excel data into Access, or to link to it) But if you need to
use Word, you may find the following articles useful:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

Peter Jamieson

"Pump Market" Pump wrote in message
I am merging from Excel to a Word directory. My database contains several
repetitive headings that I would like not to list after it has been listed
once. (ie. Toyota 4-Runner; Toyota Camry; Toyota Tacoma) They are in
separate fields in my Excel file. I've had to deal w/this for years going
back in and deleting all of the repetition. Is there an "If/Then"
statement
that will move on to the next field if it includes the same data as the
previous record?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pump Market Pump Market is offline

I cannot begin to thank you enough! I did this several years back, but could
not find the instructions on how to do so. This will save me about 10 hours
of editing! I'd use Access (if I knew how), plus I merge into Word to then
drop the document into Adobe InDesgin.

Happy Holidays!