Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
babsanderson babsanderson is offline

Default Format switches-how do I use (attach to the merge field?

I am doing a letter to several differnt people. Each have a different pay.
When I add the merge field for the dollar amount, it is not formated for
currencey. I did the formating in my database but it does not show in my
letter.

I tried the help and found out about the switch, but I can't find how or
where I use it. I tried selecting the field and right clicking to bring up
the formating switch and adding =Sum(above)/#$#,##0.00. Got an error.

Where do I place the =Sum(above)/#$#,##0.00? Or am I way off base?
--
Babs Anderson