Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dick dick is offline

Default How do I print a list of my mail recipients?

I can merge alright but would like to have a hard copy of my mail recipients.
Can't seem to find anywhere that I can do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds like you want a hard copy of the /recipients/, but maybe you could
spell it out - do you want
a. the recipients
b. the recipients + their adresses (what kind of address? postal? e-mail?
fax? a mix?)
c. the actual letters/emails?

My guess is that it's (a), in which case you could create a new mailmerge,
with exactly the same data source and selection criteria, but just using
recipient address fields in the mail merge main document.

Peter Jamieson

"dick" wrote in message
I can merge alright but would like to have a hard copy of my mail
recipients.
Can't seem to find anywhere that I can do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dick dick is offline

I am leaving for a couple months to the warm country and want a hard copy of
the names and addresses that I have on my mail merge document. I can bring
up the information but it is in a form that doesn't allow me to make a copy
of all the information.

Dick Stein

"dick" wrote in message
I can merge alright but would like to have a hard copy of my mail
recipients.
Can't seem to find anywhere that I can do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I am leaving for a couple months to the warm country

Lucky you...

I am leaving for a couple months to the warm country and want a hard copy
of
the names and addresses that I have on my mail merge document.

If you have a mail merge document already, why not out put to a new document
and print the result?

I can bring
up the information but it is in a form that doesn't allow me to make a
copy
of all the information.

OK, let's assume the last suggestion didn't help...
a. what is the data source?
b. can you be more precise about what is going wrong? Let's suppose that my
address was on your list:

Clausdottirsson X,
ReindeerVille,
VeryWhitePlace,
NorthLand

c. Does part of my address appear in my list? All of it? Wrong format?
What?

Peter Jamieson

"dick" wrote in message
I can merge alright but would like to have a hard copy of my mail
recipients.
Can't seem to find anywhere that I can do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dick dick is offline

I feel like an idiot but when I tried to merge to a letter document I only
got one of the addresses on it. I have 28 names and addresses that I need to
print out and would like to have all of them on one page.

"dick" wrote:

I can merge alright but would like to have a hard copy of my mail recipients.
Can't seem to find anywhere that I can do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Make sure that
a. you are using the right kind of merge (e.g. there are "letter" merges
where each record in your dta source results in one or more pages of output,
and "catalog" or "directory" merges where you get one chunk of text for each
record in your data source
b. you are "completing the merge". If you are using the Mail Merge Wizard
but are not going to the very end of the merge, yu are "merely" previewing
the merge. The wording in the task pane isa bit ambiguous at this point! If
you are using Word File|Print or the print icon to print, you are not really
completing the merge either.

Peter Jamieson