Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Scotteod Scotteod is offline

Default How do I delete duplicate labels/records in mail merge

When using the mail merge wizard in Word 2003, I am able to connect to my
data source (Outlook 2003 contacts). The labels format fine, but I get 500
sheets of labels for my 500 contacts. Each sheet of labels has duplicate
contacts except for one. Anyone have this problem before? What am I doing
wrong?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds as if you are "Previewing" the merge (and perhaps trying to print
using Word File|Print) when you need to perform the merge, either by merging
directly to the printer or merging to an output file that you then print. If
you're using the mail merge Wizrd in Word 2003, you need to go to the very
last step in the Wizard (the wording is ambiguous). Or you can enable the
Mail merge toolbar using Tools|Customize and select the appropriate button
to perform the merge.

Peter Jamieson