Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ngtybtnice ngtybtnice is offline

Default Excel & Mail Merge Problem - help!

I have an old computer containing Windows98 as well as Excel97. I am
not able to obtain anything newer at the moment.

I am trying to teach myself how to use Excel97 to maintain a database
of names & address.

I have put in all the data correctly, and if I run a catalog or labels,
it works fine. Any rows which I have temporarily "hidden" do not show
up when I print it out.

But now I want to mail merge the Excel database with a letter using
Word and incorporate the names & address into the body of the letter.

However, when I merge the letter with the excel file, the "hidden" rows
still show up but with blanks in the letter.

For example, letter with non-hidden rows show up correctly:

Dear John Smith:
Thank you for your......

But hidden rows, still print, but have blank spaces with the data would
be:

Dear [blank space]:
Thank you for your....

What do I need to do so that hidden rows do not print?

Thank you.

marcy