deb

Default Text on Labels are not lining up vertically

I have correctly specified the label type - and size is right, but when I
print out the labels, they start to misalign vertically - so only the top two
if 16 can be used. Any ideas???

Doug Robbins

Try printing the labels to a sheet of plain paper, fed from the printer's
main paper source rather than via any by-pass paper feeder. If those the
print on that sheet of paper is aligned correctly, your problem is caused by
the paper feed mechanism in the printer and there is nothing that Word can
really do about it.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"deb" wrote in message
I have correctly specified the label type - and size is right, but when I
print out the labels, they start to misalign vertically - so only the top
two
if 16 can be used. Any ideas???

Graham Mayor

Depending on the interpretation of your description, you either have a
printer feed problem with the label stock, or you have different paper sizes
defined for the labels print options and the printer itself.

deb wrote:
I have correctly specified the label type - and size is right, but
when I print out the labels, they start to misalign vertically - so
only the top two if 16 can be used. Any ideas???

deb

Thanks for your help. It was a paper selection problem- even though A4 had
been selected in word, it had defaulted to something else when I actaully
went to print. Happend on another persons machine as well.

deb wrote:
I have correctly specified the label type - and size is right, but
when I print out the labels, they start to misalign vertically - so
only the top two if 16 can be used. Any ideas???

Numbers to appear at the cursor... ~D~ New Users 11 February 1st 05 04:49 AM
Mirror Text Box [email protected] Formatting Long Documents 1 January 24th 05 07:02 PM
Colored text labels? I.K. Microsoft Word Help 1 January 17th 05 08:32 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
how do i adjust text alignment in labels after inserting an image Doug Robbins Microsoft Word Help 2 November 29th 04 10:53 AM