Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AVJNOW AVJNOW is offline

Default How to stop docs from opening in reading layout

How to I set my computers not to delafult to open Word documents in the
reading pane view? It distorts the page setup and I waste time chaging the
docs each time I open them to display as they will print.

I am using Word from Office 2003 Pro in both Win XP and Win 2000 computers
--
There's still time to support
Memory Walk 2006

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Tools Options General uncheck "Allow starting in Reading
Layout".

Even when that option is checked, Reading Layout is *not* a default
view. However, Word documents opened as Outlook attachments open that
way, and individual documents may be made to open in that or any other
view -- see http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...iewAndZoom.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:11:00 -0800, AVJNOW
wrote:

How to I set my computers not to delafult to open Word documents in the
reading pane view? It distorts the page setup and I waste time chaging the
docs each time I open them to display as they will print.

I am using Word from Office 2003 Pro in both Win XP and Win 2000 computers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AVJNOW AVJNOW is offline

Thanks for the help -- where do i send the request to stop Outlook
attacments from opeing this way?