Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike C Mike C is offline

Default Mailmerge creates blank pages

When I use the mailmerge wizard to create envelopes I keep getting a blank
envelope after each correct envelope. If I have 100 records, I get 100
addressed envelopes and 100 blank envelopes. Can someone tell me what is
happening?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Didi Didi is offline

Mike, is the form envelope's area where you're adding the various fields big
enough to handle your address lines? Have you tried making that area bigger
to accommodate more lines?

"Mike C" wrote:

When I use the mailmerge wizard to create envelopes I keep getting a blank
envelope after each correct envelope. If I have 100 records, I get 100
addressed envelopes and 100 blank envelopes. Can someone tell me what is
happening?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike C Mike C is offline

I'm pretty sure the area is big enough. There are only 4 lines printed on the
envelope. Two text lines with about 30 characters each, and two lines have
merge feilds, totaling less than 20 characters per line. I will experiment
with increasing the envelope size and shortening the lines to be sure
Thanks

"Mike C" wrote:

When I use the mailmerge wizard to create envelopes I keep getting a blank
envelope after each correct envelope. If I have 100 records, I get 100
addressed envelopes and 100 blank envelopes. Can someone tell me what is
happening?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Click on the ¶ button to show all of the carriage returns, spaces etc and
make sure that you do not have a series of empty carriage returns ¶ after
the merge fields.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.