Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ADi ADi is offline

Default Mail Merge Question: how to save individual files after merging

Hi Pros,
Happy new year.
I have a mail merge question.

After completing the mail merge, i get a single combined merged file.
To split and save that file into individual files, i have requested on this
forum before and some one was kind enough to give me a script.

However for the script to work, the combined merged document has to be
formatted, the first subdoc as Level-1 and the second as Level-2 etc for all
subdocs in the merged document.

This is a manual effort and if i have merged 50 documents, then i have to do
the formatting(Level-1 thru Level-50) manually.

Is there any way to simplify this? How can i automate this part also,so that
the merged document already contains the page levels (Level-1 thru Level-50)
without me manually formatting and saving? Also is there a way to avoid this
step and still able to save individual files from merged doc?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Adi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ADi ADi is offline

Default Mail Merge Question: how to save individual files after mergin

Graham,
Thanks. I looked at the link. It has multiple options. I will choose one of
them.
Thanks again.

Regards,
Adi