Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
exodusms via OfficeKB.com exodusms via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Table Help I have looked Everywhere sorry

Hello,

I have created a table with the headers however I can not figure out how to
make sub-headings. For example I have a product section but I want different
manufacturers under each product.

Cure and Seal
Symons Products.....1-2
Tamms Products.......2-3

and so on but I can not figure out how to make this happen. Please anyone if
you had an answer that would be great.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
exodusms via OfficeKB.com exodusms via OfficeKB.com is offline

Ya I am trying to make a TOC I looked at that page and I still dont know what
I am doing.

I have my product brochure and in the TOC I want it to list the product
category and then distributor under it with the page number. Basically I want
a heading then sub headings below it. Also if you have a title such as
Cure and Seal -- Symons Products can I just select Symons products and
make that show up in the TOC? Im so sorry about this question I appreciate
the help.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Are you attempting to make a table of contents? See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

Hello,

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
and so on but I can not figure out how to make this happen. Please anyone if
you had an answer that would be great.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
exodusms via OfficeKB.com exodusms via OfficeKB.com is offline

Ok that makes great sense. Thank you. I have just one question

if you are making a heading for your TOC and you have the title Cure and Seal:
Symons Products
is it possible to just take the words Symons Products and make that the
header in the TOC.

Every time I just select it as the header it will not show up in my TOC. This
is my last question on TOC thanks sooo much!

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
or insert TC fields if you want to generate a TOC automatically.

Ya I am trying to make a TOC I looked at that page and I still dont know what
I am doing.

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
and so on but I can not figure out how to make this happen. Please anyone if
you had an answer that would be great.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The only way to accomplish this is with TC fields, I'm afraid. You have to
select "Symons Products" and press Alt+Shift+O to produce the TC field.
Then, in the TOC Options dialog, be sure to check the box for "Table entry
fields."

Ok that makes great sense. Thank you. I have just one question

if you are making a heading for your TOC and you have the title Cure and

Seal:
Symons Products
is it possible to just take the words Symons Products and make that the
header in the TOC.

Every time I just select it as the header it will not show up in my TOC.

This
is my last question on TOC thanks sooo much!

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

styles
or insert TC fields if you want to generate a TOC automatically.

Ya I am trying to make a TOC I looked at that page and I still dont

know what
I am doing.

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
and so on but I can not figure out how to make this happen. Please

anyone if
you had an answer that would be great.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi Exodusms

exodusms via OfficeKB.com wrote:
I have created a table with the headers however I can not figure out how to
make sub-headings. For example I have a product section but I want different
manufacturers under each product.

Cure and Seal
Symons Products.....1-2
Tamms Products.......2-3

and so on but I can not figure out how to make this happen. Please anyone if
you had an answer that would be great.

Well, the most simple approach to get the above would be to define one
Heading 1 "Cure and Seal" in the normal text, then a Heading 2 "Symons
Products" with all its text, and later on another Heading 2 entry "Tamms
Products".

Then the TOC will list all 3 in separate lines, and all you need to do
is figure out which toc switch to use to suppress page numbers for your
H1 entries.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Losing textbox on table Jack Tables 13 November 21st 06 03:09 AM
how to remove unwanted tabs when pasting table in word Billygotproblems Tables 3 September 22nd 06 12:13 AM
Headers and Footers in Main Body with Table Breaks NewUser_Sanket Page Layout 11 March 13th 06 09:18 PM
Row height problem with table in table Stephanie T. Tables 0 November 23rd 04 03:35 PM