Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen Helen is offline

Default Excel Object in Word Document

Happy Healthy New Year to all!

Something's bugging me. Office 2003.

I have inserted an Excel object in a Word document, which is a form, and
would like one Excel cell to be a bookmark in the Word form (you know,
"Calculate on Exit"?).

Is this possible to create?

Thanks,
Helene
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Helene,

Happy Healthy New Year to all!

Thank you :-) Same to you.

Something's bugging me. Office 2003.

I have inserted an Excel object in a Word document, which is a form, and
would like one Excel cell to be a bookmark in the Word form (you know,
"Calculate on Exit"?).

Is this possible to create?

I'm not sure I understand completely what you have in mind. Could you
elaborate a bit, please?

FWIW, the only thing you can TRY would be to copy the cell in Excel, then
Edit/Paste Special in Word activating the Link option. You might also want
to choose "plain text" as the format if you don't want an Excel table cell
as part of the result. This will create a LINK field in Word that should
carry the contents of the Excel cell...

But I'm not sure if it will behave as you hope in a document protected as a
form. If it doesn't, then you'd need a macro solution.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen Helen is offline

Cindy,

The Word form is an invoice. Top part is the usual information, you know,
the date, address, etc. Middle part is the actual fees description and this
has been created in an Excel worksheet, pasted as an Object in the Word form.
At the bottom of that sheet, there is the total, which should be repeated in
the invoice along with the invoice number, etc. Last part of the invoice,
we're back to a Word form. And this is the part where I'd like to carry over
the Excel total. So far, the only option is to type it in.

Helene

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi Helene,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SGVsZW4=?=,

The Word form is an invoice. Top part is the usual information, you know,
the date, address, etc. Middle part is the actual fees description and this
has been created in an Excel worksheet, pasted as an Object in the Word form.
At the bottom of that sheet, there is the total, which should be repeated in
the invoice along with the invoice number, etc. Last part of the invoice,
we're back to a Word form. And this is the part where I'd like to carry over
the Excel total. So far, the only option is to type it in.

And did you try what I suggested: Unprotect the form. Select the Total cell in
the Excel object. Copy it. Click in the Word document and make sure the cursor
is where you want to see the total. Edit/Paste Special and activate the LINK
option. Choose to paste as "plain text" if you don't want to see the result in
an Excel cell.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org