Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie-Ann Leslie-Ann is offline

Default Track Changes

How do I get my file to open WITHOUT the "track changes" option turned on?

It seems that no matter if I save the document in "Final" option of "track
changes" it always seems to re-open with "Final Showing Markup" track changes
turned on.

Help!

Thanks.
Leslie-Ann
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html,
especially the parts about security.

There's a setting in Tools Options Security, "Make hidden markup visible
when opening or saving", that controls this. However, turning it off is
rather like pulling the batteries out of your smoke detector. If you don't
want to see the tracked changes, accept or reject all of them to remove them
from the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman