Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] wyseguy79@gmail.com is offline

Default Help with Tabbing within a Table

I have a bit of a delima that I can no seem to figure out. Currently I
have a word document that is being used basicly as a form. Because of
this there are defined editable regions, the document is layout using
tables and only certian cells will be an editable region.

Now when I hit the tab button while the document is locked (editable
regions enabled only) it tabs from table cell to table cell. I have
been tasked with finding a to make the document only cycle (when using
the tab key) to cycle from editable region to editable region, so that
the end user does not have to tab from table cell to table cell like it
currently does.

Does this exist, is it possible? If anyone can offer some insight that
would be geat

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't say what version of Word you're using, but if it's Word 2003 or
earlier and you have created the document using form fields and protected it
as a form, you will get the behavior you want. See the forms tutorials by
Dian Chapman linked from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a bit of a delima that I can no seem to figure out. Currently I
have a word document that is being used basicly as a form. Because of
this there are defined editable regions, the document is layout using
tables and only certian cells will be an editable region.

Now when I hit the tab button while the document is locked (editable
regions enabled only) it tabs from table cell to table cell. I have
been tasked with finding a to make the document only cycle (when using
the tab key) to cycle from editable region to editable region, so that
the end user does not have to tab from table cell to table cell like it
currently does.

Does this exist, is it possible? If anyone can offer some insight that
would be geat

Thanks.

error messages when using table formula after moving column tot's hunguponword Tables 3 November 26th 06 03:27 AM
Losing textbox on table Jack Tables 13 November 21st 06 03:09 AM
Headers and Footers in Main Body with Table Breaks NewUser_Sanket Page Layout 11 March 13th 06 09:18 PM
20x20 multiplication table Bob S Tables 2 December 24th 05 02:27 PM
Row height problem with table in table Stephanie T. Tables 0 November 23rd 04 03:35 PM