Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Froggie Froggie is offline

Default No page number, but one appears in TOC

In my document I have many figures that need to be shown in the TOC. I have
based their styles on 'Figure caption'. All the figures need the pages
numbers next to them in the TOC except one, which does not have a page
number, yet one always appears in the TOC. How can I stop this from happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Every page has a number whether the number is printed on the page or not.
It's up to you to ensure that that page number is correct. If this is a
frontispiece and you have numbered front matter differently, then be sure
that it is correct for that page.

"Froggie" wrote in message
In my document I have many figures that need to be shown in the TOC. I

have
based their styles on 'Figure caption'. All the figures need the pages
numbers next to them in the TOC except one, which does not have a page
number, yet one always appears in the TOC. How can I stop this from

happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Froggie Froggie is offline

Thanks for tying to help, but all the pages before have no numbers, only
after the frontispiece. I have section breaks in all the right places yet I
still a page number appears in the TOC

"Froggie" wrote in message
In my document I have many figures that need to be shown in the TOC. I

have
based their styles on 'Figure caption'. All the figures need the pages
numbers next to them in the TOC except one, which does not have a page
number, yet one always appears in the TOC. How can I stop this from

happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What I am telling you is that *every* page has a number, whether it is
printed on the page or not (look at the status bar if you don't believe me).
If the title appears in the TOC, the page number will as well. It is your
responsibility to ensure that the page number is correct.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Every page has a number whether the number is printed on the page or

not.
It's up to you to ensure that that page number is correct. If this is a
frontispiece and you have numbered front matter differently, then be

sure
that it is correct for that page.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Froggie" wrote in message
In my document I have many figures that need to be shown in the TOC. I

have
based their styles on 'Figure caption'. All the figures need the pages
numbers next to them in the TOC except one, which does not have a page
number, yet one always appears in the TOC. How can I stop this from

happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joan Preppernau Joan Preppernau is offline

I think what you're saying is that you don't want that one page number to
appear in the TOC, correct? If so, you have two options: you can change the
style level of that one figure so that it doesn't appear in the TOC, or you
can include the figure in the TOC, and then manually delete the page number.
I know this can be a bit frustrating to get around.

Joan Preppernau
Microsoft Office Word 2007 Step by Step
(http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/9600.aspx)

"Froggie" wrote in message
In my document I have many figures that need to be shown in the TOC. I

have
based their styles on 'Figure caption'. All the figures need the pages
numbers next to them in the TOC except one, which does not have a page
number, yet one always appears in the TOC. How can I stop this from

happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My inclination would be to set the outline level of that one paragraph to
Body Text.

"Joan Preppernau" wrote in
message ...

"Froggie" wrote in message
In my document I have many figures that need to be shown in the TOC.

have
based their styles on 'Figure caption'. All the figures need the

pages
numbers next to them in the TOC except one, which does not have a

page
number, yet one always appears in the TOC. How can I stop this from
happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Froggie Froggie is offline

Thank you. Yes you are coorect I do not require the page number to appear in
TOC. After much working out, I have managed to manually remove the page
number from TOC. Thank You for you help Joan.