Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] no@emails.thx is offline

Default Cross-reference to numbered list always zero

Hi

I am building a binomial key using a numbered list in Word (Office XP)
and i'd like to cross-reference the list items but every time i insert
a cross-reference to a numbered item (using paragraph number) it just
gives me a zero and if i try to hyperlink the reference it takes me to
the start of the document.

I know i can make this work in other documents but why is this
document screwed up? Is there any tool that will scan the Word
document for garbage and fix bugs like this?

Thanks
Chris R.

Insert Cross Reference to Caption Number Only A. Agoston Microsoft Word Help 4 September 2nd 06 12:09 PM
Labled numbered list Greg Page Layout 1 February 18th 06 02:47 AM
How to cross reference detailed paragraph numbers (i.e. 5.6(i)a? Scott Microsoft Word Help 1 February 7th 06 11:49 AM
Styles (numbered list) keeps changing ! LukePW New Users 2 August 11th 05 10:19 AM
Cross reference to custom caption type Ton Microsoft Word Help 2 February 9th 05 03:04 PM