Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gary O Gary O is offline

Default Fiedl Calculation Error

I am gettiing a "Field Calculation Error" when using the following field code:

{set VacatePara ""}{ask Vacate "Is the tenant vacating the premises?"
\*Firstcap}{ask{if{Vacate}="Yes" "VacatePara"}"Amend 'Vacating' Paragaraph if
neccesary - otherwise press OK?" \d "This is to notify you that the tenant
named below has vacated the unit (address and effective date below) and the
Co-operative would like the AGL account transferred into its name."}{ref
VacatePara} {set StartPara ""}{ask Start "Is the tenant vacating the
premises?" \*Firstcap}{ask{if{Start}="Yes" "StartPara"}"Amend 'Starting'
Paragaraph if neccesary - otherwise press OK?" \d "This is to notify you that
the tenant named below has vacated the unit (address and effective date
below) and the Co-operative would like the AGL account transferred into its
name."}{ref StartPara}

My problems a

1 - What other code do I need to add to stop the error.
2 - If I don't have Word open and run the merge from Access, the Menu
toolbar does not display which means I can't print off the merged document.
3 - How do I automatically get the merge document to display full screen,
currently even if I have Word open with another document, when the merge is
completed, all Word windows are resized to a smaller size.
4 - How do I make the popup ASK box larger so that all the default text can
be seen rather than having to use the scroll bar.

I hope I have described my problems clearly enough. If not, please let me
know and I will try and elaborate.

Once again, thank you all in anticipation of being able to resolve my
problems.

Regards

Gary O

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I would do the asking in Access. I would suggest that you take a look at
fellow MVP Albert Kallal's "MergeSingleWord"
utility at:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKal.../msaccess.html

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gary O" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gary O Gary O is offline

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I would do the asking in Access. I would suggest that you take a look at
fellow MVP Albert Kallal's "MergeSingleWord"
utility at:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKal.../msaccess.html

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gary O" wrote in message
news
[...]

Doug,

I am using that utility and am getting the above problems whilst using it.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

Regards

Gary O

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gary O Gary O is offline

Doug,

The code extract does not use any field from the access database. All the
merge fields from access are exporting to word correctlt (I assume) as I have
used the macros to create numerous merge documents.

I don't know how the macro code has anything to do with the last 3 questions
I asked for assistance with, namely:

1 - how to ensure the main toolbar displays when the merge is run WITHOUT
Word being open - currently it runs but there is no way to save or print the
merge document.

2 - how to open the merged document at full screen rather than what it is
which is smaller than 600x800.

3 - how to resize the ASK popup box.

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards

Gary O

2 -

"Gary O" wrote in message
"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I would do the asking in Access. I would suggest that you take a look at
fellow MVP Albert Kallal's "MergeSingleWord"
utility at:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKal.../msaccess.html

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gary O" wrote in message
news I am gettiing a "Field Calculation Error" when using the following field
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Gary,

You have some bugs in your field coding. Try:

{set VacatePara ""}
{ask Vacate "Is the tenant vacating the premises?" \*Firstcap}
{if{Vacate}= "Y*" {ask VacatePara "Amend 'Vacating' Paragaraph if neccesary -
otherwise press OK?" \d "This is to notify you that the tenant named below has
vacated the unit (address and effective date below) and the Co-operative would
like the AGL account transferred into its name."}}
{ref VacatePara}

Be careful to keep the spacing indicated in '}= "Y*" {'.

As for changing the size of the ASK field, you can't.

To ensure the fields all update together, try wrapping the lot in a QUOTE
field.

Cheers

--
macropod