Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jrmfi jrmfi is offline

Default Documents Properties and Explorer

Hi,

I would like to set up properties in Word documents fields so that these
fields can be viewed when using Explorer to browse document files. These
would be usefull for people that would like to have access of some
information within the document without have to open the document. I mean
properties like 'Keywords', 'Author',etc..I edit Keyword field in the
document properties but this content do not show up when using Explorer (even
if the 'keyword' details is enable in the Explorer screen). However I do not
face these issues when using other fields like 'Comments' or 'Subject'.

The second question is: is it possible to do the same for 'Custom
Properties' ? I mean edit some additional custom properties in the document
and have them shown when opening the folder that contains the documents using
Explorer (whout having to click right buttons to see these new custom
properties).

Thanks,