Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anderflash Anderflash is offline

Default Relative Path to a mail merge

See the address: http://www.knowhow.com/DownloadWord.aspx
Download and extract the zip file (ex: inside a "Sample" folder). See the
sample exmerg2.doc, close the doc. Try now rename the "Sample" folder to
"Sample2". Reopen the exmerg2.doc. It has a relative reference to the .mdb
source. How did he get?
If the answer is Microsoft Query, can someone explain me how to do this and
another queries with the microsoft query?

OBS: I know only how to do the relative reference with a Word table.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

source. How did he get?

If you look at the file dates, I think you will see that these files were
created in 1998 or 1999, which probably means that she used Word 97 or
earlier. I have not checked back, but relative references probably worked
differently in earlier versions of Word.

Peter Jamieson