Peter Healey

Default deleting posts

I am new to Microsoft Community. How do I delete some of the posts that I
have posted? I have received adequate help with some of these and no longer
need information. Thanks for your help. karaokepete
Klaus Linke

Hi Peter,

No need to. If you found an answer somewhere else, it might be nice to post the
answer you found, so other users with the same problem can profit from it (and
so that other users don't waste time writing a reply).

You can't delete posts from the MS servers I think (though you could do so a
couple of years ago).
Even if you could, the post would probably still be visible in archives like
Google or on other servers.

Greetings,
Klaus

"Peter Healey" wrote:
I am new to Microsoft Community. How do I delete some of the posts that I
have posted? I have received adequate help with some of these and no longer
need information. Thanks for your help. karaokepete

That's not the way Usenet works. The point of newsgroups is not just to get
help for yourself but to create a body of information that's available for
all users. All questions and answers are archived on Google so that someone
with the same question a week or several years from now can search and get
the answer--usually repeated many, many times since most users ask before
looking.