Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Caymercat Caymercat is offline

Default can I use exel in Word templates

I need to use my data in exel to fill in rebate forms in word. Customer
names, addresses ect. I can copy/paste but takes too much time, I have
created a template of my form but don't know how to link it to my spreadsheet
so that i select a customer and the required feilds are filled in
automatically
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Q2F5bWVyY2F0?=,

I need to use my data in exel to fill in rebate forms in word. Customer
names, addresses ect. I can copy/paste but takes too much time, I have
created a template of my form but don't know how to link it to my spreadsheet
so that i select a customer and the required feilds are filled in
automatically

Have you ever looked at mail merge? That's basically designed to do what you
need.

Set up a "blank rebate form" with the text you generally use for all forms.
Display the mail merge toolbar and link it up to your Excel sheet. Now you can
insert merge fields for the name, address, etc. Save this as a template.

When you want to create a new form, create a new document from the template.
Type in anything special for this form. Filter the recipients from Excel. Then
execute the merge to a new document.

I know this all sounds a bit vague, but you didn't tell us which version of Word
you have, so it's not possible to be more specific. You'll find more detailed
instructions on using mail merge in the Help, as well as at word.mvps.org

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Caymercat Caymercat is offline

Worked great Cindy, I knew it was easy.....LOL, Thanks

Hi ?B?Q2F5bWVyY2F0?=,

instructions on using mail merge in the Help, as well as at word.mvps.org

Cindy Meister