Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
C Tate C Tate is offline

Default Query options in 2003

In older versions of Word there was a useful 'query options' button which
enabled you to email, say, only certain people in a data document. I cannot
see this in Word 2003. Is it gone for good or is there some other way to do
this - without having to check or uncheck the tick box in the recipient list?
This is not very convenient if you have a huge long list to deal with.

Also, as a separate question, is it possible to send a word attachment to
these selected people by email and have a separate email message? I want to
write my message then include the attachment. I don't want to have to paste
the attachment into the body of the text. Perhaps this is just not possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you want convenience, import your address list into an Outlook contacts
list and merge from Outlook http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
The Query options is still available on the mail merge helper - see
For the attachments see the article prepared by fellow MVP Doug Robbins at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm