Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Simon Simon is offline

Default Group items in same account on same letter.

Serial Model Account Number Customer PostCode
1234 Widget A1 AC001 Banana plc B1 2QH
1235 Widget A2 AC001 Banana plc B1 2QH
1236 Widget A3 AC002 Orange plc D32 2DU
1237 Widget A4 AC003 Plum plc H62 2JU
1238 Widget A5 AC003 Plum plc B65 3KI
1239 Widget A6 AC005 Apricot plc J89 3WJ
1240 Widget A7 AC006 Melon plc K89 3JI
1241 Widget A8 AC006 Melon plc K89 3JI
1242 Widget A9 AC007 Lemon plc G67 2JI

We have the above data, in an excel sheet.

We need to produce seperate sheets from the list for each Customer Location
(i.e where account number & postcode are the same) I.e this would produce 7
seperate pages as follows.

As the mergedata file in sorted by account number then postcode, related
items are together.

What is the easiest way to acheive this in Word?
-------------------------
AC001
Banana plc
B1 2QH

1234 Widget A1
1235 Widget A2
--------------------------
AC002
Orange plc
D32 2DU

1236 Widget A3
-------------------------
AC003
Plum plc
H62 2JU

1237 Widget A4
--------------------
AC003
Plum plc
B65 3KI

1238 Widget A5
---------------------
AC005
Apricot plc
J89 3WJ

1239 Widget A6
--------------------
AC006
Melon plc
K8 3JI

1241 Widget A7
1242 Widget A8
-------------------------
AC007
Lemon Plc
G67 2JI

1241 Widget A9

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

That is not straightforward in Word. Better to use a report in Access.

However, see the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on
fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Simon" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Simon Simon is offline

I may have overcome this. I have added a new column to excel at the end of
each row.

If the value is TRUE then next row (record) should be added to the same
document.

When the value is FALSE a new document should be started?

I have tried used "Next Record IF" which works where there are multiple
records for the same account, however where there is only one record, it
doesnt print the next record - but the same record again?

Can I work round this?