Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
howdyjudy howdyjudy is offline

Default Screen and Typed Characters Different

Suddenly, in saved documents that I have used for years, when I type in new
characters such as "/" or " ' ", the wrong character appears on the screen,
usually one character off on the keyboard. I've been told I have an "input"
problem but I don't know what that is. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

Does this happen in every application? Then it's possible your keyboard is
damaged, and the only solution is to buy a new one. What you're seeing is a
classic symptom of post-coffee spill keyboard syndrome. I speak from
experienceg.

But first, check the input language in the Windows Control Panel. Under
Date, Time Language and Regional options, choose Regional and Language
options. On the Languages tab, click Details and ensure that you have
selected the correct language.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word