Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Francine Francine is offline

Default Work around the 255 character limitation in a merge field in Word 2000

I have read several comments on this problem but none gave a solution
on how to output fields that would contain more than 255 character. I
am producing a catalogue and one field is a description of hikes. It
takes over 255 character to do so. How shall I proceed. I am using
Windows XP professional, Word 2000 and the data source is Excel 2000.
However, both the Word document and the Excel file were originally
created in Word and Excel 2003. Any quick fix?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you tried connecting using DDE? (I assume so)

How many columns does your spreadsheet have? If it has 63 or fewer, have you
tried Edit|Copy in Excel and Edit|paste into a new Word document which you
then use as a data source? If that does not work, I think more programming
will be needed, unfortunately.

Peter Jamieson
oups.com...