Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neil Neil is offline

Default Hyperlinking to a pdf document

Is it possible to create a hyperlink in Word that will direct you to a pdf
document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Yes. Select Insert Hyperlink. In the Hyperlink dialog box, below €śLink to€ť,
click €śExisting File or Web Page€ť. Browse to the desired PDF file and select
it. Note that you can display another text in Word than the file path by
typing the desired text in €śText to display€ť. You can also add a ScreenTip
that appears when you rest the mouse over the hyperlink. Click OK when
finished.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Neil" wrote:

Is it possible to create a hyperlink in Word that will direct you to a pdf
document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neil Neil is offline

When I do that, the hyperlink is inserted, but when I click on it, Adobe
opens for a split second and then disappears, not opening the document....

"Neil" wrote:

Is it possible to create a hyperlink in Word that will direct you to a pdf
document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The link should open the PDF file without problems (if, e.g., Adobe Reader is
installed€¦). However, I have sometimes seen that the Adobe Reader window
becomes minimized at once. You should then see Adobe Reader in the Taskbar
(the bottom of the screen) from where you can access it.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Neil" wrote:

Is it possible to create a hyperlink in Word that will direct you to a pdf
document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neil Neil is offline

Lene,
I don't even see it in the task bar. It looks like it launches, then closes
immediately... When I click on it and then do a ctrl, alt, delete, and then
select task manager, Abobe doesn't show up as running..
Any other ideas.

"Neil" wrote:

Is it possible to create a hyperlink in Word that will direct you to a pdf
document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I think that you have checked the following:
- That you can open the PDF file directly in Adobe Reader without any
problems.
- That the path inserted in the hyperlink is 100% correct.
Unfortunately, I have no other ideas of what could cause the problem.
Hope you find the answer.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

~$ Russ Microsoft Word Help 21 February 5th 08 06:48 PM
Mailmerge directories not working Word 2003 Chris Mailmerge 5 January 16th 07 01:41 PM
Hyperlinking words in a Word Document leo Microsoft Word Help 1 November 14th 06 03:11 PM
Mail Merge Data Question Tom Bean Mailmerge 7 May 26th 06 12:02 AM
Hyperlinking to another part of a document. How do I return to wh. Ray Jordan Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 12:07 PM