Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
t bennett t bennett is offline

Default How do I merge at the end of a merge?

I have a merge from my Outlook showing all the employees in Portland.
This prints in two columns. After the last person, I'd like to have a
new merge from the same Outlook contact list, but will only look for
employees from Tempe. I currently have this set up in two different
documents. I tried to represent this below:

PORTLAND ----------header-----------
xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx TEMPE -header-
xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What's the best way to go about this? Right now, I'm running separate
merges, then copying out the Tempe catalog and pasting it into the
Portland catalog.

I don't know if it matters, but I am using a table to put Name,
Extension, Department, etc. into.

Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Assuming that the locations are in the data source, what you are trying to
do is perform a "multiple items per condition (=key field)" mailmerge which
Word does not really have the ability to do.

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

ups.com...