Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Just my 2 cents Just my 2 cents is offline

Default Where is the task pane in Word 2007?

I found the taskpane useful in 2003, where is its counterpart in 2007 and how
do I turn it on?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Which task pane are you looking for?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Just my 2 cents" wrote in
message :

I found the taskpane useful in 2003, where is its counterpart in 2007 and how
do I turn it on?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Just my 2 cents Just my 2 cents is offline

The taskpane that used to be in Word 2003. You know, on the right-side of
the window, where your "Getting Started" and a whole lot of other tidbits
were available from a drop down arrow or from a search box. I can't find
that anywhere in Word 2007. What gives?

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Which task pane are you looking for?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Just my 2 cents" wrote in
message :

I found the taskpane useful in 2003, where is its counterpart in 2007 and how
do I turn it on?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Most of the task panes were removed in Word 2007. What was also removed
is inter-task pane navigation (the drop down arrow on the task pane).
There are 2 or 3 task panes left in total (getting started is gone).
Which specific task panes are you looking for (tidbits as you call
them)? I can tell you then where those features are on the ribbon.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Which task pane are you looking for?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Just my 2 cents" wrote in
message :

I found the taskpane useful in 2003, where is its counterpart in 2007 and how
do I turn it on?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For the most part, the items that were in each of the nested Task Pane panels in Word 2003 still exists in Word 2007, but, as with
the other basic screen layout, the location may have moved to a new area.

As Patrick mentioned the TaskPane Panels are now separate entities and you can have more than one active at a time.

In Word 2003 Ctrl+F1 or Shift+F1 could toggle the appearance of the Task Pane, as much of the TaskPane basic functionality is now in
the Ribbons, Ctrl+F1 toggles the Ribbon display. Shift + F1 should still toggle the display of the current contextual
TaskPane/Reveal Formatting.

The Clipboard TaskPane Panel is under the Clipboard launcher on the Home tab (the launcher is the small square to the right of the
group name [in this case "Clipboard") of the Ribbon.

One of the main ideas of the Ribbon is to have folks only have to look to one area (the Ribbon) to find things.

The Word 2003 Task Pane panels in Word 2007 can generally be found as follows.

Getting Started - Office Button=New and Open

Help - New Help engine, use F1.

Search Results - F1 or click blue Help Icon (?)then type your search.

Clipart - Ribbon Insert tab

Clipboard - Ribbon Home Tab

New Document(also File=New) - Office Button=New

Shared Workspace - Office Button=Publish=Create Document Workspace

Document Updates - Tied to use of the Shared Workspace

Protect Documents - Ribbon Review tab

Styles & Formatting - Ribbon Home Tab=Styles Launcher

Reveal Formatting - still Shift +F1

Mail Merge - Ribbon Mailings tab

XML Structure - Ribbon Developer Tab

--