Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DEC33162 DEC33162 is offline

Default Characters "NOT" Printing

Using Office 2003 Professional (all updates applied) in WinXP SP2 (all
updates applied).

While in Word and viewing a document that I create, I can see all characters
and symbols within the document. However, when I go to print, things such as
apostrophes, commas and symbols do not.

I reset everything to defaults and also uninstalled and reinstalled Word,
with the same results.

I've got several MAJOR multi-page business reports to print.

Please Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DEC33162 DEC33162 is offline

This is happening on the Assistant to the CEO's computer. I'll have to check
on your questions and attempt the recommended action to see if it helps.

Another test I attempted was logging on to the computer (in a domain) myself
and seeing if I have the same problem. I do not. Everything prints just fine
under my username.

There are no "domain" settings that effect "character printing in Word", but
this has at least been isolated down to something happening particularly with
her username.

I'll update the group once I attempt/confirm the requested
actions/information.

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

I'm just wondering whether these characters might have been affected by
Tracked Changes. Have you been using tracked changes?

Try doing an "Accept all changes in the document". That's the only thing I
can think of that would prevent just these specific characters from
printing.

What FONT are you using?

Cheers

On 20/1/07 7:37 AM, in article
, "DEC33162"
wrote:

Using Office 2003 Professional (all updates applied) in WinXP SP2 (all
updates applied).

While in Word and viewing a document that I create, I can see all characters
and symbols within the document. However, when I go to print, things such as
apostrophes, commas and symbols do not.

I reset everything to defaults and also uninstalled and reinstalled Word,
with the same results.

I've got several MAJOR multi-page business reports to print.

Please Help!

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

The only other thing I can think of is that there is a font on her computer
that's very peculiar. You might carefully inspect her document and check to
see which font is in use.

You need to precisely select just one single character, then use
FormatFont... And Word will tell you what Font has actually resulted from
the surrounding formatting salad :-)

You might try removing and re-installing that font on her computer.
Assistants to CEOs are often Change-Averse to an extent that would astonish
a museum curator. They can hang onto stuff like WordPerfect fonts that date
back to the year Jesus broke his first chisel on the stone tablet...

Cheers

On 23/1/07 5:19 AM, in article
, "DEC33162"

printing odd characters VIV Mailmerge 1 April 25th 06 05:03 AM
some characters stick together when printing pz Microsoft Word Help 0 December 9th 05 03:37 PM
Printing Characters in Word mguzman Microsoft Word Help 3 July 11th 05 03:40 PM
Printing the non-printing characters like tab, spacebar, para Jugglertwo Microsoft Word Help 2 February 20th 05 10:40 PM
Printing the non-printing characters like tab, spacebar, para Jugglertwo Microsoft Word Help 0 February 20th 05 04:39 PM