Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FJ FJ is offline

Default Columns and Footnotes

Hi, I have a question about columns and footnotes. I have a one page
document that starts out as one column, then has a continuous section break,
then has two columns, has another continuous section break, then goes back to
just one column again. This is all fine, until I add footnotes. I have
footnotes in each section, and Word just doesn't seem to like that. Each
section ends up on its own page. I've read some of the other suggestions and
workarounds and they're very useful, but in this situation, I guess because
there are footnotes in every section, they don't seem to work. Even setting
the Compatibility options to "Lay out footnotes like Word 6.x/95/97" doesn't
help. Am I missing something, or is this just a limitation of the program?
The only other thing I can think of doing is using nested tables instead of
the two column section. The problem is that where I work they don't like us
using nested tables. Thanks in advance for any advice or information.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FJ FJ is offline

Hi, Suzanne, thanks for your response. Your workaround gave me what I needed
for my document.

Thanks again!