Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sub rosa sub rosa is offline

Default How do you turn off the autodate function in letter wizard?

Word 2003, its getting very frustrating that the date changes in my saved
documents, especially for printing purposes. How do I turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of Field Codes and change

{ DATE }

{ CREATEDATE }

You should do that in the template from which you create the documents so
that the create date will be used in all future documents.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"sub rosa" sub wrote in message
Word 2003, its getting very frustrating that the date changes in my saved
documents, especially for printing purposes. How do I turn off this
feature?

Thanks,

Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Matt

sub rosa wrote:
Word 2003, its getting very frustrating that the date changes in my saved
documents, especially for printing purposes. How do I turn off this feature?

You don't! DATE always shows the date of the current Word session.

But you can certainly input the date in another way:

- you can type it as raw text
- you can insert it as raw text over the dialog (Insert | Date)
- you can insert it dynamically but lock the field
- you can insert another field that suits you better: apart from DATE,
there is SAVEDATE, PRINTDATE, CREATEDATE ...

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS