Amy

Default locked

I've installed office on my computer a few times (I got a virus so I had too)
and now it won't let me register it because I guess I've reached the limit.
Everything worked fine for awhile, but now I can't use any of the programs.
When I try to type it says "this modification is not allowed because document
is locked," whether it's a blank one or a saved one.
Any ideas on what to do?
gap

Per a Previous post of 12/9/04 - Victor Lewis - go to Tools, Lock Document
and turn off locking. If you haven't already tried this, try it. It just
might work for you.

gap

"Amy" wrote:

I've installed office on my computer a few times (I got a virus so I had too)
and now it won't let me register it because I guess I've reached the limit.
Everything worked fine for awhile, but now I can't use any of the programs.
When I try to type it says "this modification is not allowed because document
is locked," whether it's a blank one or a saved one.
Any ideas on what to do?

garfield-n-odie

Reinstalling Office will probably not get rid of the virus. Office will
just become reinfected when you reinstall it. You need to use an
antivirus program to remove existing viruses and prevent new viruses
from infecting your computer. As you have discovered, Office will not
allow you reinstall it again and again and again in perpetuity. So get
your computer cleaned up first. Then start Word, click on Help |
Activate Product, and follow the instructions for the telephone
activation method.

Amy wrote:

I've installed office on my computer a few times (I got a virus so I had too)
and now it won't let me register it because I guess I've reached the limit.
Everything worked fine for awhile, but now I can't use any of the programs.
When I try to type it says "this modification is not allowed because document
is locked," whether it's a blank one or a saved one.
Any ideas on what to do?

Amy

The virus is gone, that's not the problem.